Monday, June 15, 2009

Terce (Mid-Morning Prayer) - Monday, 15 June 2009

Introduction O God, come to my aid. O Lord, make haste to help me. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. Alleluia.
Psalm 119 (120) Longing for peace
I cried out to the Lord and he answered me.
I was in trouble, and cried to the Lord; and he answered me. Lord, free me from the lips of liars, from deceitful tongues. What will be given you, what will you receive, deceitful tongue? Sharp arrows from the warrior, hardened in the flames. Alas, I am an exile in Meshech; I dwell among the tents of Kedar! My soul has lived too long with those who hate peace. I am for making peace; but whenever I spoke, they attacked me.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. I cried out to the Lord and he answered me.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
An amazing meditation and prophetic as well: when I think of my previous staff members who were all junior in experience, and their behaviour towards my direction of their work, this seems very true. Unfortunately, instead of focussing on learning and applying what was taught them, they constructed a scenario among themselves of how hard it was to work under my supervision, and wherever possible, justified this perspective under their own imagining, never once thinking about their own professional inadequacy. Then they began to spread these to influence others outside the department, and eventually towards my own supervisors. Despite my advice to them to be careful in their conduct, to uphold truth and abide by established ethics, these junior executives decided that the way they shape their own perspectives collectively was more important, and this bred a sort of lie they began to subscribe to and believe in. Now, I feel very vindicated when I hear about how each of them fare; there is Divine Justice at work when you lift yourself up to the Lord of Truth, so that those who lie and conspire to benefit from these lies they propagate will someday come to know the light of truth - that what they have done was unnecessary harm and perhaps grow better out of these mistakes committed. One can only pray for them, and forgive them. It is good to move on with the confidence that the Lord protects those who trust in Him and obey in His ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment