Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Easy Route

Had a great run this morning, and it was made easier because I decided to run the reverse route, from the exit to the entrance of the MacRitchie trails. You see, when you reverse the profile, the factors of resistance are also changed with the gradient working the other way. I felt a great deal more engerised and empowered, but while my strength and endurance has improved since quitting my job end-October and after that bout of illness in November, it has also whetted my appetite for food. All that carbohydrate and mucous-producing foods over Christmas will not help for sure. Meats, diary, sugar, etc. will all add to what will kill me eventually, for sure! If I were to follow my instinct when I eat, I will definitely be done for. In the freezer, the passionfruit/peach-mango ice cream is already at half tub (2 Litre, mind you!). But at the same time, as I run these few days, my thoughts fleetingly go back to Sylvester and many of the other dearest friends who have been such great inspiration the past year, including Halil and Philip of ClimbAsia who survived the surprise tsunami at Krabi on 26 December 2004 morning. I remember SMSing them frenetically. I think of the people who have kept in touch with me despite the doldrums I have been experiencing and their incredible empathy and support. For these few, they are the most precious souls in the world, for making time and caring to extend all that support to me, and not forgetting me. So, back into those wispy dirt tracks, and creating those lispy swim trails... Next, it will be back on the bike with my new attachments and get pedalling around the island. It will be a ride to look forward to... Love and peace to all this Christmas, and may all your sporting new year resolutions come true, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment