Saturday, June 26, 2010

How I got AWAY last Saturday with Bliss when I missed an appointment on the island...

There are few experiences as blissful as when your mind and body is readied for some unwind time. There candlelight meditation was supposed to start at 6 pm and I walked to the Spa thinking this would be a lovely try out, a novel experience. I had called just earlier and was now at the spa lobby, but was then told that there was no other persons interested so the meditation session had been cancelled. I was disappointed to miss the opportunity. But it was already evening and half the long awaited weekend had ebbed away. So I asked if there were any chance I could get a treatment if the villas were not fully booked. I was lucky and I was scheduled in for one last appointment of the day at 7 pm, and the room was prepared so that I could get into the steam room to relax taut muscles and ease myself into the nice therapeutic rub down. The steam room was invigorating at 42 degrees and it was slightly exhilarating to stand in the open air shower facing the open ocean and hose down under the raindrop shower head. The therapist came in and after getting a good sense of what I wanted, went swiftly to work. It was superb and I wish that the treatment was only longer. But some extra time had already been alloted to me and I was very appreciative of it. The therapist has since left the spa to return to her home in Indonesia. Just a while ago, I wrote her a thank you note and wished her every success. With the bump in my head and given the monsoon weather that has struck the island all day, I would have loved to relax in the spa to get away once more and ease off into relased Wonder and sensory Lust. I will just have to locate the therapist I can be most comfortable with to replace the one that has left, and will have to patient. But I have always been lucky there.

No comments:

Post a Comment