Friday, August 15, 2008

Antivirus PRO 2008 - Proof Why NOD32 & Windows Spyware Sucks

I spent heaps installing original Microsoft software and other antivirus and spyware applications. But all it took was one second of carelessness when I was on the phone and browsing at the same time when I saw a pop-up which offered the Antivirus Pro 2008 and while I usually close these, this particular one on my Internet Explorer 7 was hostile but I had no idea then how malicious it would be. Despite all efforts updating my security settings and apparently removing the affected file(s), on Internet Explorer 7, it is still viciously attacking all my pop-up webpages with a fake/clone "security risk" notification and blanking out my browser. Tried all sorts of advice available through Google (which nowadays needs to be renamed "Garbage" because of the sheer overload to nonsense which cannot be filtered out), and most of the advice seem like geekspeak. Worse still, even when following these, you have promo ads to download more spyware with free 90-day trial, which for all we know - might be more predatory and malicious then the first Trojan virus. Which leads you to think: would you - like me - not thought of buying even more expensive security defense software (spyware, adware, blahware and getting-absolutely-no-where...) if not for these very successful and malicious viruses. The conspiracy theory is probably all fact. It is almost certain that today - given the decaying moral and ethical climate - that the sure-fire way to make money is to fix what is broke, only if you succeed in ways to tell the consumer that what he has (and needs every day...) is broke. So, my IE7.0 is broke and you can't get proper advice from Microsoft either on reinstalling. But if you are in Singapore, you can order a CD to be sent to you for about SGD40. So, maybe the Utopian world needs a global technological disaster so instaneous that it will make urban life untenable and set us back to 30,000 BC in the stone age. I am packing my flint, axe, chisel and pan. Meanwhile, I am totally at the mercy of these mercenary system fixers.

No comments:

Post a Comment