Sunday, May 21, 2006

Axe, Man!

I can't wait for the third installation of the X-Men trilogy, which opens on 25 May. But that evening, I expect to have a dinner appointment, and can't watch the film. Maybe a sneak the night before? Anyway, I cruised through 11.6 km yesterday afternoon before the annual family dinner in the evening, and clocked a niffy under 60 mins, all without chaffing and huffing. Then, this evening, I felt sometime light and eager to kick up some adrenalin and let the dopamine do its trick, so I ran an easy 8 km or 7.6 km to Bishan Park in the evening. It went off without a hitch, with the muscles all ready and easy, and I left like a young stud on a good gallop, again, without even breaking a big sweat, my pace, with easy breathing all the way. Also, I'm getting better with Plitt's leg raises. Perhaps I am at this time, getting a wee bit leaner while the muscle tissue still retains its strength. It might not be permanent, but it does tell me about my achieving my optimal in running, if I have had an a couple of weeks' break. What I need to do, is run easy on Day 1 on 6 km, spring on day 2, and run easy with a strong pace on day 3. Take a break on day 4 with light exercises, and a complete rest on day 5. Then on day 6, take the full 10+ km on a sprint pace. And if you feel right (like I did today) hit a mid-distance 7.6 or 8 km at moderate pace (ie. low impact, moderate resistance, easy track run). Again, I completed the 8 km run with excellent time and at aerobic rate, possibly without exerting my cardio system, as I hardly broke a big sweat not lost my breath. I wonder if I will get a chance to hit the pool this week, but right now it feels very good to be on the running drills. Maybe I will try the bike in the evenings, and the run as well, while hitting the pool in the morning... that might become the ideal. We will have to test it. But definitely Monday evening will have to be early... I don't want to miss "Desperate Housewives" on FIVE... at ten p.m.! Let's see if this can be kept up! PS: A short note on Ben Foster playing Archangel/Warren in the upcoming X-MEN III (opens 25 May)... I mean, he's the quirky bloke who plays one of Frank Castle's neighbours in THE PUNISHER, remember? The one who had his nose and earrings all pulled out when he refused to give away Frank's whereabouts? Also, Rebecca Romijn-Stamos (who plays Mystique in the X-Men franchise) was the other neighbour and Castle's new love interest. All in the MARVEL family. Okay, but the point is that if that chicken can beef-up and look that good, there's an incentive for an old dog to make it work!

No comments:

Post a Comment