Friday, May 12, 2006

Eagle Lands, Spirit Soaring To Great Height

Friday, 5 May 2006
It was an afternoon of errands with Stan's car for Allison, and then off to Changi Airport Terminal Two to pick Stan up from Phuket. His flight landed at 1740 hrs. After getting him home and having Allison's brother Josie drop himself off at Raffles City to get the MRT to meet his wife for dinner at Far East Plaza, I drove off back to the airport to fetch my great spirit-brother and Ashtanga yogi teacher, Doug Eagle. Eagle was last in Singapore in 2003 where he had a short stopover, and left an indelible impression on the people who met him at Club Oasis, Grand Hyatt Singapore. Here again, he was, in transit for his fourth visit to Mysore and I was really blessed to have the chance to get some really wonderful quality time with this wonderful brother and friend! He is plainly luminous in heart and spirit and that light shines through in his words and action, and the warmth of his heart in every expression and care exuded.
Before long, and after calling for a short visit at my brother Joe's place to meet the family, especially Sarah-Ann and Mary-Ann, we were off to Mustafa for late-night shopping for his trip essentials. I hope the CASIO G-SHOCK I got him will serve him well, and keep me in constant remembrance. We had a wonderful time in the morning as we awoke from minimal sleep, but refreshed. Then it was off to the airport for check-in and breakfast, final hugs and the most sincere spiritual communion among earthly souls as I have ever known. Namaste, Aloha, Eagle - take flight and soar once more, as my Spirit is moved along with yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment