Thursday, May 04, 2006

Wine & Dine

Had lunch with Francis and DJ yesterday, which was a spontaneous event and very platable. It was great to see that both were well and happy. On my part, the company was certainly appreciated and I enjoyed seeing these two fine friends hearty and with fond affection. Felt like I was back in a strange world, familiar yet alien. But it was a day filled with appointments and new promise. I don't know if the haircut, Aunt Elsie's funeral the day before, or just the fact that it is a time of great expectation with the Singapore GE around the corner this weekend, giving rise to a sense of a brand new day. It was good to chat up with CJ at Starbucks Concourse after my meeting with Agatha over Chai Tea for her, and the new Peabody blend on drip for me. The the evening closed with dinner at the Jalan Batu hawker centre where chicken laksa swooshed over the two mugs of coffee I had in the afternoon, and topped off with all the on-goings of life in the small world I live in, where things are just on the verge of change, once more. It may be time to wine and dine, and make good all the things I have long cherished in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment