Monday, March 20, 2006

I Have Been Wounded (1993)


I have been wounded, Love, by thee
Struck ineffably, a promethean ecstasy;
To revel in company, ay, a pageantry
Unwound by time, a cursed infirmy.

Thus, ached and anxious I have longed your embrace
Kissed, desired, longed patiently to caress your face:
And, gently to slip and glide within these sheets
Healed, kissed, enjoin where beating hearts meet.
Am I, deserted, parched like aged paper
Longing, waiting, inks to illuminate;
Ruminate, sigh, until a time safer
In closed, company, love germinates.

I have been patient, indeed, for you
Struck silently, maintained a curfew;
In anticipation, yes, love is true
To receive your call, and come to you.

You, a wonder, a prophecy fulfilled –
A measure of eternity, time stilled.
As I hapless, think of you
Come afresh, pure, as morning dew –
A dainty drop, a generous cue
To fall, unabashedly, in love with you.



26 October 1993
JFT

No comments:

Post a Comment