Thursday, March 09, 2006

Park Right, Bishan By Night

It was just after the sun got down, but after this afternoon's mad, long swim (66 laps) and brazen by the sun, I felt totally vitaminised! Must be the Dee Vitamin, right. Anyway, I did manage to get some work done and as I promised myself, if I had the energy, I will explore the park with a night ride. So I got my bike together, bumped up the tire pressure (and discovered one cap broke, so I will have to get that replaced to prevent dirt from clogging the valve), and got out, with protective eyewear, lights and comfort pants (dirt pair, of course!). But the best was fixing my mobile phone holder on the arrow arms... it looked like some GPS shit! The night ride was fantastic and easy. I guess that's the problem with the flatish route, although it was curvy somewhat at places and with a slight incline. Good practice for the gears, too. Few joggers and mostly were pretty beat! But saw a cute girl batting her eye at me; guess the bloke next to her couldn't have been a boyfriend. and maybe by now, an ex, too... Anyway, it was sheer joy and I liked being back on the bike, and feeling the wind... Got back to the special corner to hang around a bit and note the type of crowd. Safe and very family oriented, which is great. Guess, I will be back on this route and routine more often than I can expect... and it is nice to find a treasure spot for sport and contemplation, which is just minutes off the home front. It will work best for later evening workouts, as MacRitchie is somewhat too adventurous for a midnight snack! Okay lah, I admit... I was pretty suah-khoo (provincially ignorant) about this whole place... just thought it was beat and unglam, you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment