Monday, March 20, 2006

I Have Dreamt Of You Much Of Late (1993)



I have dreamt of you much of late
which disturbed my sleep, left me awake.
These visions of you, wide, hollowed through
Filled with trees, shrubs and rose bushes leaden with dew.
What air, fragrant, moist and pure
A settling mist greets me with calm allure.
What magical lair, gleaming, inviting
Me within, feeling close and secure.
     There is my secret valley, winged by hills
     Where life is abundant, abandon and free
     Where rocks speak, and leaves whistle
     Longing for me, beckoning me.
Is there a realm where tired heart finds peace,
Away from rueful, urban seige?
Naked where I’ll life, pelased with the least
Desire nothing else, save far from reach.
Clouds, though sparse, lace the awakening sky
Dawn dances on, let the first light fly.
Then darkness is lifted like a sheet of grey
As the valley reappears, a great foray.

I toss and I turn denied of my sleep;
Determined to wrest this awakening dream
Now safely described, my visions slip
Into quiet retreat, to that far distant realm.


2.25 am
30 November 1993

I could not get any sleep and so at 1.03 am, I penned these words, after tossing while trying to get a wink, all the while seeing this vision of a green valley illuminated by a moonlit mist.

No comments:

Post a Comment