Monday, March 20, 2006

I Live With The Possibility (1989)




I live with the possibility
that soon shall I meet one
whose nature would cause mine
be aroused to passion and
excite to matchless permutations
of risky computations;
perhaps tomorrow or the day after
little does the “when” matter
except that I’m ready
best and collected
for such opportunity.
You, whom I had stolen
once a glance, across the pool
whom I chance to stand shyly
in the elevator with
one, as good as dear as You
whose lips formed words of love
as I fell
ideal of beauty, as you
physical and ethereal,
whose open heart and perfect hands
I can only dream is my good fortune
someday to welcome with mine own.



1989
I remember writing this in Dubai, on the way to London, and reflecting on my other recent summer flights to Europe. Again, based on the notes on the original scripts and copy, it was a time which was just a few years since I found myself familiar with the continental lifestyle, being just 24 years old, and very, very impressionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment