Monday, March 20, 2006

No One Listens (1989)



No one listens, only hears
     the lyrical whispers of my years.
No one knows, tastes the tears,
     discovery of love and fears.
Away from my family
     I am simply plainly truly me.
My laughter, hunger derision, voice
     leaping, hawking, none are false.
With those who let me be
     I am unchained, unbridled free
Yet those who claim loves me most
     Their sacrifice and affection boast –
I am endangered most of life
     Deceived by their dire action.
Oh within me is such strife!
     They being sorest of affliction
For me; I have been given best
     Wealth was never contest
All was ever wanted, met
     Their ways and thinking were set!
I felt all hate and anguish
     No prompt or reason to cease;
Until exhausted, then found extinguished
     The rabid rage released.



1989

No comments:

Post a Comment