Monday, March 20, 2006

I Think Of You (1993)


I think of you, a bright gem in life’s treasury
A glistening shard of crystal, blazing luminously.
Every facet reveals visions clear, sublime
Abberates distance, fact and splinters time
River running, leaughing, paled by light
Should fall victim in autumn’s flight
Leave a wintry world wrought with grief
Desperate for a relic, aching for relief.
Drowsy, I’m drunk, emptied of you
Impaled by sadness, enchantment of rue.

The world is now a poorer place
Heaving sighs borned by wistful hearts
Hymns to whom was struck by grace
Strong, beautiful, unjustly barred
From time’s promise to relish, taste
The grandest tour of life should undertake
In a thousand minds where fantasies awake
For a quiet sojourn in your erotic race.

I mourn your leaving
And celebrate your gift
To have known you deeply
And bear that sting
That you, youth, should love and leave
Like a river running, drowning me…


30 October 1993

No comments:

Post a Comment